Lesley followed her big sister to a yoga class at Open Door Yoga (then located at 45th and Fraser!) almost 15 years ago. Hogan, Georgina, and Vesna were her first yoga teachers and it wasn’t long before she knew that yoga was something that she wanted to learn more about and share with others. Since then Lesley has completed over 680 hrs of teacher training, ran her own yoga studio, taught workshops to teachers in training, and has shared her passion for yoga with hundreds of Open Door students in the 10 years that she has taught there. She is excited to return to her teaching home after taking an extended leave of absence following the birth of her second child.
What can you expect from Lesley’s classes? You can expect a gentle Hatha class with lots of focus on breath awareness and mindful movement. Her classes almost always begin with gentle spinal movement and end with at least 10 minutes in Shavasana. Her ultimate goal as a teacher is to create an environment in which students feel comfortable going inward and exploring, as well as giving them the tools to take their practice off the mat and into their daily lives with grace and compassion.
“No matter how much pain we experience, there is always room for movement – even if it is only in the mind.” Leila Stuart
- 240 hr Teacher Training with Sandra Sammartino (2001-2003)
- 20 hr Prenatal Training with Janice Clairfield (2005)
- 300 hr Anatomy of Yoga: Therapeutic Yoga Training with Leila Stuart (2006-2008)
- 104 hr Yoga of the Heart© Training with Nischala Joy Devi (2008)
- 20 hr Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Judith Hansen Lasater (2009)